Saturday, June 5, 2010

Knitting Bag Tutorial





Whew! This bag was a lot of fun to make, and it turned out better than I expected. It's based on the Nantuckett Bagg. I made it for Kristina's birthday present.

This bag does everything. It has a drawstring top that doubles as handles. It can zip up or open completely flat for easy access of all your supplies. It is completely reverseable.

It was a great challenge for me because I had to design my own pattern and then try it out. Two things I would change:
It is REALLY tall, so I would use a shorter zipper and height next time.
It is kind of floppy, so I would find a stiffener to insert between the inner and outer fabric layers so it would stand upright on its own. Actually, fixing the first problem would probably also fix the second problem since it is used for storing knitting needles, and those would hold it upright.

Since I had written out the instructions for myself, I went ahead and added some pictures and Tah-Dah! I tried to embed it, but it wasn't working out for me so - Here is a link to the PDF, where you can download it or print it or whatever:

No comments: